Enjoy the most beautiful park in Madrid, once used as a royal garden. A green oasis with more than 117 hectares and 15000 trees along with French gardens and lakes, its size and freshness makes it the perfect spot to visit on a Segway.
What to Expect
The journey will start after the training and safety briefing. Once everyone feels comfortable and ready, the tour will begin to El Retiro Park passing by the Plaza Mayor and admiring its traditional architecture. The tour will continue through Barrio de las Letras (Literature Quarter), where some of Spain's mayor literary figures used to live, such as Cervantes, the writer of Don Quixote. Through Calle Huertas and its lively terraces, you'll find Madrid's main museum and one of the best art galleries in the world, the Prado Museum. Here, you will also see the Church of Los Jerónimos, for some people the most beautiful one in Madrid, and the old palace of Retiro, whose gardens became the popular park.
The tour will continue by crossing the Gate of Philippe IV, where you'll find the first of the french gardens with its curious sculpted trees. Gliding through its wooded avenues, you'll get near the Fallen Angel Fountain, one of the world's few statues dedicated to the devil. You will also pass by a french style rose garden, a romantic crystal palace, and the Palace of Velázquez until you see the jewel in the crown of Retiro Park, the lake and the monument to the king Alfonso XII. On the way back, the first monument after Retiro Park is La Puerta de Alcalá, the most important of the remaining gates from the XVII city wall. The tour will also pass by Cibeles Palace, the old financial district, and Puerta del Sol.
- Free Segway training session (10/ 15 minutes)
- Helmet rental
- Raincoat (in case of rain)
- Free bottle of mineral water
- Photo service (ask before the tour starts)
- Protective helmet hair
- Live guide
Know Before You Go
• Groups tours can be up to 40 persons but for safety reasons and guest comfort, tours will be divided into sub-groups of up to 10 persons with a separate guide and back guide assistant
• Groups of less than 10 persons and private tours require a minimum 24-hour notice of cancellation
• For groups of 11 persons or more and corporate tours, a minimum of 48-hours notice is required for cancellation
• There is no restriction on age but for safety reasons, it is not allowed to do the tour if the person's weight is under 35/ 40 kilograms or more than 117 kilograms
• Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended