Explore northern Spain’s greenest area on a 5-day sightseeing tour of Galicia. Visit handsome cities, such as Santiago de Compostela and Vigo, see spectacular coastline and feast on the diversity of food, from shellfish to wines and cheeses.
What to Expect
Located on the Atlantic Coast of northwest Spain, and bordering Portugal to the west, Galicia is Spain’s most lush region. Vegetation fed by plentiful rain – which in Spain does not fall mainly on the plain, but mainly on Galicia – and beaches whipped up by Atlantic winds make for a dramatic and spectacularly green scene.
This 5 day sightseeing tour will give you plenty of time to enjoy nature in full swell, but also visits beautiful cities filled with historic buildings, such as La Coruña, Salamanca and Santiago de Compostela.
You will stay in 4-star hotels and dine out on some of the best food in Europe, much of it sourced from the abundant local produce.
Day 1: Madrid – Lugo
Depart Madrid at 08:00 for Lugo, the only city in the world to be surrounded by completely intact Roman walls. The beautiful town sits in the basin of hills and rivers and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is definitely worth exploring.
Located approximately 310 miles (500 kilometers) from Madrid, relax in comfortable coaches for the drive and rest with a delicious dinner and accommodation at the 4-star Gran Hotel Lugo.
Day 2: Lugo - La Coruña
After breakfast, depart for La Coruña, where you will take a short panoramic tour. See the lighthouse Tower of Hercules and the characteristic glazed window balconies of the houses. In the afternoon, you can choose to take an optional excursion to the Rías Altas, passing through typical villages such as Pontedeume and Betanzos. Dinner and accommodation is at the 4-star Tryp Coruña in La Coruña.
Day 3: La Coruña - Santiago de Compostela
Visit Santiago de Compostela after breakfast. Take a city tour of this legendary pilgrimage town and visit sites such as Plaza del Obradoiro and the imposing Cathedral, said to be burial site of one of the apostles of Jesus.
You will have the afternoon free to explore on your own or to rest up. We will have dinner and spend the night at Santiago de Compostela in the 4-star hotel Hesperia Peregrino.
Day 4: Santiago - Rias Bajas - Vigo
After breakfast head to the area of the Spanish Fjords (Rias Bajas), passing through splendid landscapes, such as La Toja Island, Ría de Arosa and Pontevedra. Continue to Vigo for dinner and accommodation in the 4-star hotel Ciudad de Vigo.
Day 5: Vigo - Salamanca - Madrid
Today we head to Zamora, located on a rocky hill close to the border with Portugal. Spend some time exploring its famous Plaza Mayor and Old Quarters, including the Romanesque cathedral and the city walls, before heading back to Madrid for the end of the tour.
- Transportation by deluxe motor-coaches, with air-conditioning and panoramic windows
- Experienced multilingual tour conductors
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated with expert local guides
- Entrance fees unless indicated
- Accommodations in 4-star hotel
- Transportation and porterage of one baggage item per person
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
Know Before You Go
• Children under 4 years old travel free of charge provided no seat is occupied. All their expenses will be directly paid by their parents.
• For triple room rates, please inquire.
• For the list of hotel accommodations, please inquire. Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. Children from 4 to 7 years old, sharing a triple room with 2 adults, 25% discount. Junior under 18 years old, 5% discount. Senior over 65 years old, 5% discount. Adults: 3rd. person in triple room, 5% discount. Discounts are not cumulative.