Explore Madrid by eco-friendly Segway and see the monuments from a different perspective. Learn more about the history, customs and traditions of the Spanish capital, and cool down from the summer heat by the motion of your self-balancing vehicle!
What to Expect
Start your Segway tour of Madrid with a short training session to ensure your feel confident and comfortable on the easy to operate mode of transport. Then, see the Royal Palace and discover an official residence of the Spanish Royal Family that is now only used for official ceremonies. Look at Almudena Cathedral (Santa María la Real de La Almudena), built in Gothic Revival and Baroque styles to harmonize with the Royal Palace.
Glide through Plaza de España and marvel at the monument to Don Quixote. Continue to the Temple of Debod, gifted to Spain by the government of Egypt in 1961. Get panoramic views of Madrid from the temple, built in the 2nd century BC, before going to Plaza de Isabel II (also known as Plaza de la Ópera).
Admire the former site of the Puerta de Valnadú (Valnadú Gate), demolished on the orders of Felipe II. See the neoclassical façade of the Royal Theatre (Teatro Real), providing a cultural touch abundant in almost every corner of Madrid.
- Free 10-15 minute Segway training session
- Helmet rental
- Raincoat (in case of rain)
- Free bottle of mineral water
- Photo service (ask before the start of the tour)
- Protective helmet
- Live guide
• Groups of fewer than 10 people, and private tours, require a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation • For groups of 11 people or more, and corporate tours, a minimum of 48 hours notice is required for cancellations
Know Before You Go
• Group tours can be up to 40 people. However, for safety reasons and the comfort of guests, tours will be divided into sub-groups of up to 10 people per separate guide with back guide assistant
• There is no age restriction for this activity, but for safety reasons people weighing less than 35/40 kilograms or more than 117 kilograms are not permitted to take part