Learn about the history of Funchal and Madeira on a guided walk through the city’s medieval center. Visit the farmer's market, the Campo Almirante Reis, the Fortress of St. James, and a number of other sites as your guide provides commentary.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
Jesuit´s College of Funchal, Madeira University, next to D'Oliveiras Madeira Wine.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Your walking tour will be guided by a former university student or European volunteer that is participating in the Erasmus+ program History Tellers project, developed at the University of Madeira. This project has an important solidarity component
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- The History Tellers tours are 2 hours long, starting at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, or 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday. They are available in Portuguese, English, French, German, and Spanish