Enjoy beautiful scenery as you cruise down the River Nile on a 5-day journey from Luxor to Aswan. Stop off to explore the temples of Karnak, Luxor, Edfu and more. See the Valley of the Kings. Relax and soak up the luxury of your boat.
What to Expect
Take this 5-day luxury cruise of the Nile River from Luxor to Aswan and see many of the most important archaeological sites of Egypt on one vacation. Explore the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, take in the splendors of the Kom Ombo Temple, see a sound and light show, ride a felucca and much more.
After your arrival at Luxor you will check in to the M/S Florence St. Nile Cruise, or similar boat and start your cruise. You will receive privately guided tours during the cruise allowing you to plan your itinerary with your guide according to your preferences.
Day 1: Luxor
Before setting sail you will have time to explore the fabulous ruins of Luxor. Cross the Nile to Visit the West Bank and the Valley of the Kings. Stroll around the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and see the Colossi of Memnon. Return to the East Bank to visit the Karnak and Luxor Temples.
You will spend an overnight on board the boat in Luxor, with the opportunity to disembark to enjoy an optional Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple.
Day 2: Esna / Edfu
Set sail in the early morning for Esna and Edfu. Enjoy the fabulous scenery of the Nile Valley as you sail. Edfu is the site of the Ptolemaic Temple of Horus and an ancient settlement that was known in Roman times as Apollinòpolis. Just to the north of the ruins lie some important Egyptian pyramids.
Spend the night on board your boat at Edfu and enjoy a relaxing dinner at leisure.
Day 3: Edfu / Kom Ombo / Aswan
After breakfast on board, visit the Temple of Horus by car. The Ptolemaic temple, dates from 237 and 57 BC, into the reign of Cleopatra VII and is one of the best preserved temples in Egypt.
Sail on to Kom Ombo and visit the Kom Ombo Temple, dedicated to the crocodile-god Sobek and the falcon-god Haroeris. It stands at a bend in the Nile where in ancient times sacred crocodiles basked in the sun.
Continue to Aswan for your overnight stay. Dinner will be served on board the boat and you will arrive in Aswan late in the evening
Day 4: Aswan
After breakfast visit the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk.
In the afternoon, enjoy a tour around the Aswan Islands on a traditional felucca.
Spend the night in Aswan with the opportunity to disembark to see the Sound and Light Show at the Philae Temple.
Day 5: Departure
Check-out after breakfast and transfer to Aswan Airport or your Aswan hotel for your onward journey or tour.
After breakfast visit the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk. Spend the night in Aswan with the opportunity to disembark to see the Sound and Light Show at the Philae Temple.
- 5-day Nile Cruise
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on board the boat
- Hotel or Airport pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go
High Season Extras:
- Nile Cruise - 25 December, 31 December, Easter week - additional 136 USD
- Nile Cruise - NY Gala Dinner - additional 116 USD
• All major credit cards accepted onboard the boat
• Tour schedule Saturdays and Sundays: pick-up from Luxor hotels, airport, or rail station at 10:00
• Please bring: Passport valid for 6 months, comfortable shoes, cotton clothes in summer, warm clothes in winter, sunblock, sunglasses
• Cancellations and no-shows: Cancellations can be made without penalty up to 20 days prior to tour date. 50% cancellation fee applicable within 7-19 days of departure. 80% cancellation fee within 1-6 days of departure or no-show.