Enjoy a ride up Monte Generoso on a cogwheel train discover breath-taking 360° mountain views. Take a relaxing walk in the mountain air, go on a more challenging hike, or savor a meal in one of the restaurants at the peak.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Vouchers must be exchanged for tickets.
- Valid 1 day
- Instant confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Ride the only cogwheel train in the south of the Alps
- Explore 50 km of hiking trails
- Enjoy a breathtaking 360° view from the Appenins to the Alps
- Visit the Astronomical Observatory and learn about the universe on the Pathway of the Planets
- Round trip ticket from Capolago to the top of Monte Generoso
- Food and drinks
- Any additional paid activities
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Monte Generoso, Via Fam. Carlo Scacchi 6, Capolago.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The first train to the summit leaves every day at 9:25 AM and then every hour from 10:35 AM until 3:35 PM. From May 25 through November 3, there is also a departure at 4:35 PM.
- The first train back to Capolago leaves at 10:15 AM and then every hour from 11:45 AM until 4:45 PM. From May 25 through November 3, there is also a departure at 5:45 PM.
- For individual travelers who use a wheelchair, all trains can accommodate a maximum of 2 wheelchairs not wider than 60 cm.
- Two specially converted carriages are also available for wheelchair passengers who wish to travel to Monte Generoso in a group. These carriages must be requested at least 2 days in advance and are attached to the end of the trains that run according to the regular timetable. Wheelchairs in the converted carriages may not be wider than 78 cm.