Ride to the top of Mt. Pilatus by aerial cable car to take part in easy hikes through the Alpine scenery. Descend the mountain on the world's steepest cogwheel railway, and then cruise back to Lucerne by boat.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 5.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Your tour departs from Frankenstrasse 2-4 in a side street next to Lucerne train station. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure and wait on the sidewalk with your confirmation details and valid ID ready.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Food and drinks in the vehicle
Know before you go
- From October 23rd to November 10th, 2023: the ascent and descent will be made by cogwheel train, due to the revision of the cable car
- From November 11th - 19th, 2023: the ascent will be made by cable car, and the descent will be by cogwheel train
- From October 23rd - November 19th, 2023, there will not be a boat ride so a lunch voucher will be included instead