Spend a day around Lucerne and on Mount Pilatus with your private tour guide. Enjoy a 1-hour boat trip from Lucerne to Alpnachstad and then climb up to Mount Pilatus on the world's steepest cogwheel railway.
What to Expect
Your tour itinerary is completely flexible and can be arranged with your private guide in advance. Below is a sample itinerary to give you a few ideas.
Example tour itinerary:
Begin your tour by meeting your guide at your hotel and make your way into central Lucerne. Close to the train station, board a boat to take a cruise on Lake Lucerne. Enjoy the views of the surrounding mountains and look back towards the city before arriving in Alpnachstad after an hour on the water. Head to the Pilatus railway station to have a coffee break before boarding one of the coaches of the world's steepest cogwheel railway. The 35 minute journey takes you from 464m above sea level to the top of mount Pilatus at an altitude of 2128m. During the steep ride, enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
Once you arrive at the top, you will be shown some hidden military objects on the peak. Alternatively, climb up the stairs to the panoramic platform where you can see Swiss scenery all-around. For lunch, choose from two different restaurants and if the weather is good, take a seat outside on the terrace and enjoy the panorama.
On the descent, take the gondola from Mount Pilatus to Fräkmüntegg, then change onto the 4-seat gondola for a smooth and spectacular ride down to the valley. On arrival in Kriens, it's a short walk to the bus station to board a bus back to Lucerne where your tour will end.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local and professional guide
- All transport fees (Reductions for Swiss Rail Pass holders apply if option selected at time of booking)
- Your own booklet with information about Lucerne and Mount Pilatus
Know Before You Go
• Minimum of 2 persons per booking required
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• The logistics will be arranged in advance
• Please note that boats and trains run once an hour during peak season