Create a fashionable bag from recyclable materials, practicing sewing skills with a seamstress to produce a waterproof design featuring your own personal touches.
What to Expect
Decide how you want your bag to look, avoiding the mass-manufactured product that everyone else has. Make use of by-products of development—mostly cement bags—to sew a handbag that's waterproof, durable, biodegradable, and yes, fashionable. Variations on these bags are available at night markets, but your bag can feature whatever quirky details you'd like to add, distinguishing it from any other handbag.
Learn sewing skills useful for the rest of your life. The material from the cement bags is waterproof, durable, and has both hipster appeal and functionality in equal amounts. The village seamstresses are happy to help you pull it all together.
- Guided bag-making workshop
- Cement bag
- Roundtrip transportation to/from your central Luang Prabang hotel
- Commentary in English
Luang Prabang City Center (Hotel Pickup)
Know Before You Go
• You must be 12 or older.
• Maximum group size is 3 people.
• You do not need previous sewing experience.
• Hours of operations are from 9 AM—4 PM. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.