Homemade flute making is becoming a lost talent, continue on this ancient tradition by working with a local craftsman to make your own flute.
What to Expect
After you've successfully crafted this woodwind instrument, your instructor helps you practice a song. Take your flute home with you as a priceless souvenir.
After a convenient hotel pickup, arrive at the workshop to meet your local tour guide. Listen as he gives you an intro to the art of flute crafting and tells you a bit about the culture behind the instrument in the country. Then, set to work on the bamboo with the tools provided to you.
With thorough instructions and a demonstration, you carefully begin to carve the materials into a semblance of a flute. Poke holes in just the right places so that the flute makes a perfectly musical tune. Once you're satisfied with your project, you are taught a short song so you can impress your friends back at home.
- Guided bamboo flute making tour
- All necessary equipment
- Roundtrip transportation to/from your central Luang Prabang hotel
- Live tour commentary in English
Know Before You Go
• You must be 12 or older.
• Maximum group size is 4 people.
• Hours of operations are from 9am —4pm. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.