Learn to craft a masterpiece Hmong bamboo bow from an old veteran hunter who has not forgotten the art.
What to Expect
Discover its many uses and why it struck fear into the hearts of people for more than 200 years as you construct and try to shoot the bow. After a convenient pickup from your hotel, drive to the workshop of your friendly local guide. Listen as he goes over an introduction to bow crafting and introduces the equipment needed. You also learn his unique history of using the weapon.
Once you've constructed the bamboo bow, go outside to practice your shooting skills. With the tips and instructions of your host, you are sure to be aiming like a pro in no time. Having learned a new skill, wave goodbye before hopping in the vehicle for the return trip to your hotel.
- Guided bamboo bow crafting class
- All necessary equipment
- Roundtrip transportation to/from your central Luang Prabang hotel
- Live tour commentary in English
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You must be 13 or older
• Maximum group size is 8 people
• You do not need previous craft experience
• Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
• Hours of operations are from 9am - 2pm. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.