Half-Day East LA Latin Flavors, Food and Culture Tour
- Visit LA's first tortilla factory, a nationally-renowed tamale restaurant, a contemporary Latin cafe, and more
- Travel by foot and rail to learn fascinating traditions at the table through delicious edibles and surprising local color
- Indulge your tastebuds with signature Mexican dishes including mole, birria, and agua fresca
- Immerse yourself in a bustling three-story mercado brimming with curio shops, food stalls, and mariachi showrooms
- Be enthralled by your knowledgeable guide's stories and anecdotes of Boyle Height's colorful and surprising history
- Discover the historic Mariachi Plaza
Beginning near downtown Los Angeles with breakfast, guests are treated to traditional handmade foods, some of which have their roots south of our border more than 100 years ago.
Spend some time in Boyle Heights with a well-deserved focus on Mariachi Plaza, the grand centerpiece of the neighborhood. Palates are pleased by a unique medley of fresh Latin flavors that have graced family tables for generations.
Travel both by foot and safe, scenic rails, riding between stops on the Metro Gold Line. Visit a number of different tasting locations, including LA’s first tortilla factory, a nationally-renowned tamale restaurant, LA’s first birrieria and more.
The tour concludes at the starting point. Lunch may not be necessary for most as the food tasting samples are filling enough.
- Professional tour guide
- Food tastings at 8 stops
- Metrorail fare for the duration of the tour
- Hotel pickup nor transport to or from the starting point.
- Gratuity to tour leader
- Parking fee (approximately USD$2)
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will meet you in the parking lot of the Indiana Metrorail Station, 210 S Indiana St, Los Angeles, CA 90063, USA. If you cannot find your tour guide, please call the emergency number included on your voucher.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for vegans
• There is no gluten-free option at one tasting stop
• Please wear comfortable footwear as you will be walking during this tour