Take the whole family out of town in comfort. The heated snowcat and its driver will take you off the beaten track, away from the light pollution of town and into the wilderness, for the best chances of spotting the aurora borealis.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Norwegian
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Wait at the entrance of the Polar Hotel, Vei 229-3, Longyearbyen 9171. It will be hard to miss the snowcat when it arrives. Pick up is not offered from other locations for this tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Warm shoes
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- This tour can be booked for those with limited mobility and/or 1 wheelchair, but this information needs to be received at least 72 hours in advance
- Warm and windproof clothing is required
- Guests must understand and speak English or a Scandinavian language, in order to understand the safety briefing and join the tour
- Remember to bring a tripod if you want to photograph the aurora borealis