Enjoy a very special evening meal at Camp Barentz, a wilderness camp 12 km from Longyearbyen, away from the lights of town in the midst of the wilderness. Combine northern lights hunting with a delicious dinner and presentation on the aurora borealis.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Starting time 7:00 PM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup by bus from your hotel. Guests should be ready outside. Please ensure we are informed as to which of the listed locations you should be picked up from. The same bus will pick up all guests, and may therefore arrive a couple of minutes later than the planned start time dependent on your pickup location.
- Enjoy a rustic 2-course dinner and drinks in a cosy cabin with informative local hosts
- Learn about the discovery of Svalbard, and modern explorers who came here to learn about the aurora borealis
- Increase your chances for great displays of the northern lights at Camp Barentz, well away from the lights of town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2-course dinner (reindeer soup and brownies)
- Akevitt, beer, wine, soft drinks and campfire coffee
- Presentation on the northern lights
- Children under 8 years
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Warm shoes
- Warm clothing
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- Safety is the highest priority on this activity. Your guide needs to be able to give directions you understand. To participate in this excursion, it is required that you speak and understand English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Clothes may smell of smoke after the tour.
- Participants must be able to climb into bus (3 large steps) and over the doorstep at the cabin (about 20cm).