Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath and Lacock Day Tour
- Be among the first to enter St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle
- Unravel the mysteries of Stonehenge at the new Visitor Centre on Salisbury Plain
- Tour the beautiful Georgian city of Bath, former home of Jane Austen
- Enjoy a traditional pub lunch in the 14th-century George Inn in Lacock
- Take some time out to enjoy afternoon tea at the Pump Rooms in Bath
Bath (guided tour, free time)
Perched high above the River Thames, the castle reveals royal stories from the days of William the Conqueror to the current Queen, making it the largest continuously occupied castle in the world. You will be among the first to marvel at the splendor of St. Georges Chapel, as well as the sumptuous State Apartments.
Continue to Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain and learn the mysteries of the most famous prehistoric monument in the world. Its origins date back nearly 5,000 years, but it still confounds historians and archaeologists to this day. Try to unlock some of its secrets for yourself at the new state-of-the-art Visitor Centre.
Next, stop for a traditional pub lunch in the picturesque National Trust village of Lacock. Walk down cobbled streets lined with ancient cottages to see why it is often chosen for film shoots, including “Harry Potter.” Your lunch will be served in a 14th-century pub at the end of a short walking tour.
The final stop of the day is the historic city of Bath, full of Georgian architecture in delightful crescents and terraces. Take a panoramic city tour, with free time to visit Bath Abbey and the romantic Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, and to enjoy afternoon tea in the historic Pump Rooms, while being serenaded by a string quartet.
- Transportation by luxury coach
- Entrance to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Stonehenge Visitor Center
- Audio guide at Stonehenge (subject to availability)
- Traditional pub lunch
- Entry to Roman Baths
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Gate 19-20, Victoria Coach Station, 164 Buckingham Palace Rd, London SW1W 9TP. This is a 5-minute walk from Victoria Train Station. Tour departs at 07.45 (check-in starts at 07:30).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The lunch venue may change depending on availability in Lacock
• The order of the visit may change and lunch may be replaced by dinner
• This tour involves a moderate to high amount of walking
• Audio guides at Stonehenge are subject to availability; it is suggested to download the 'Stonehenge audio tour' app in advance as an alternative
• Travel time between London and Stonehenge (approximately 2 hours each way) can vary with traffic conditions. Please be mindful of this when making post-tour arrangements
• Please note Windsor Castle is closed on December 26, 2020, however, the tour includes a comprehensive walking tour of the historic town of Windsor with the best views of the castle. The tour departs at 8:10 AM (Boarding starts 8:00 AM) on this day