Cycle the beautiful bike paths of London’s River Thames and historic Richmond Park, and discover 17th-century hunting grounds for royals, still home to resident deer. Enjoy a traditional pub lunch and picnic of afternoon tea and cake.
What to Expect
Enjoy a quintessentially English adventure, cycling through Richmond Park, where deer still roam. Break for a pub lunch, and end with a picnic of tea and cake.
Located 10 miles from central London, Richmond Park was once a hunting ground for English royals in the 17th century and remains a royal park today. A license has been especially granted by Royal Parks to run these guided tours inside the park.
From certain points, you will be rewarded with views across London as far as St. Pauls Cathedral, and west to Windsor Castle. Enjoy an optional walk through the protected Isabella Plantation, before stopping for a pub lunch.
The surrounding area is full of historic houses by the banks of the River Thames. Take a ferry trip across the river to Twickenham, home of English rugby. Finish with a picnic of a pot of tea and homemade cakes in a beautiful secret statue garden and riverside pub, or head to Twickenham Train Station for direct trains back to Central London.
If you prefer to take a half-day tour, you can finish after lunch and visit the 17th-century Ham House in your own time, walking back to Richmond along the River Thames afterwards.
Your guide will sort out return transportation for your hire bike, and help with your return transportation.
- Bike hire with helmet
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Ferry trip (full-day tour only)
- Traditional afternoon tea picnic in summer (full-day tour only)
What's Not Included
- Pub lunch
- Entrance fees
- Transport to/from start and finish locations
Know Before You Go
• Sensible outdoor clothing/shoes advised due to splashing/muddy tracks
• Help with luggage and accommodation transfers is offered before and after tours (additional cost will be necessary)
• Advance booking is essential to reserve bikes
• No refund on cancellations made within 72 hours of tour. Dates can be changed but are subject to a charge.