Private Tour of the Historic River Thames in London
From $394.80 Per group up to 6Book now
- Learn all about the history of London and its famous river Thames
- Enjoy seeing some of London's most popular sights, such as the Tower Bridge and the Globe Theatre
- Rely on your knowledgeable guide to tell you everything about the river's role in the city's history
- Get a deeper understanding of London and its structure
Your knowledgeable guide will lead you along the South Bank, passing the wonderful Tower Bridge and the Houses of Parliament. You will learn how the river and the city shaped each other. Make sure to take pictures of the impressive Shakespearean Globe Theatre, a special place for lovers of theatre, architecture and history alike.
London’s history is closely connected to the history of the Thames and vice versa. Many important governement buildings and royal palaces are located close to the river, and old warehouses and wharfs point to its former economic importance.
Nowadays, the Thames is again a wonderfully diverse wildlife habitat with, among others, over 120 species of fish. You will learn how the people of London have struggled to clean the river and to preserve this valuable part of nature.
After 2-1/2 hours, the tour ends at the London Eye, one of London’s newest attractions. It is one of the world’s tallest Ferris wheels. While the tickets are not included in your tour fee, you should definitely go on the Ferris wheel to see London and its magnificent river from above.
- Knowledgeable Guide
- Admission to Globe Theater, Tate Modern, London Eye
Meet at Costa Coffee at 1 Tower Hill Terrace, London EC3N 4EE. This is located by Tower Hill and the Tower of London, right at the opening that leads to the Tower. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 14485