Magical London: Harry Potter Guided Walking Tour
A GetYourGuide Original
The ultimate tour experience
- Unforgettable local guides
- Personalized experience
- Hidden highlights
- Priority access
- Full refund if you didn't enjoy the tour
Love where you're going, guaranteedWith a GetYourGuide Originals tour, you can enjoy complimentary rescheduling if you’re late or plans change, and a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied after taking your tour.
Unforgettable local guidesLed only by 5-star guides and local aficionados, you can expect intriguing insights, fun facts, and stories from the people who call your destination home.
Personalized experienceA maximum of 20 people on your tour, which means you'll enjoy a more interactive, personalized experience.
Top sights (and hidden ones, too)On an Originals tour, you'll discover lesser-known treasures that other visitors often miss, bringing you a deeper understanding of your destination.
Priority access — more time to exploreLong line? We'll show you how to skip it. Packed out sights? Follow us to the secret quiet spots. On Originals tours, you can explore in ways that others can't.
The Original experience
- Experience a magical Harry Potter themed walking tour across London
- Find out which Hogwarts House you belong in and test your Harry Potter knowledge
- Stroll down Diagon Alley, visit the Leaky Cauldron, and more
- See iconic London sites such as Borough Market, The London Eye, and Trafalgar Square
- Have the option of a short boat trip down the River Thames
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
After meeting your guide, start your adventure by finding out which Hogwarts’ House you belong in. Then compete against other Houses in an interactive quiz as you see the sites that inspired J.K. Rowling, from Shakespeare's Globe to the narrow London alleys that inspired the likes of Knockturn Alley.
Highlights include passing The Leaky Cauldron, the secret wizarding inn. Explore the real Diagon Alley, where Harry buys his first wand. Even see the bridge destroyed by the Death Eaters in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
For part of your guided tour, choose either a short boat trip down the Thames or take the world-famous London Underground. Both the boat and Underground options follow this itinerary:
1. Southwark Cathedral
2. 800-year-old Borough Market
3. Sir Francis Drake's world-famous Golden Hinde
4. Winchester Palace
5. 900-year-old Clink Prison
6. Shakespeare's Globe
7. Millennium Bridge
8. Daniel Radcliffe's School
9. The London Eye
10. River Thames
11. Sherlock Holmes' Pub
12. Great Scotland Yard
13. Gringotts Wizarding Bank
14. The world's smallest police station
15. Trafalgar Square
16. Knockturn Alley
17. Diagon Alley
18. Palace Theatre
- 2.5-hour guided tour
- Thames boat trip (if option selected)
- London Underground tickets (if Underground option selected)
- Warner Bros. Studio
Prepare for the activity
• Meet your guide at the Southwark View Point, London SE1 9DF • Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts • Look for a guide wearing GetYourGuide attire and holding a red GetYourGuide flagOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Public transport ticket
- maximum group sizes will be consistently adjusted in accordance with the most up-to-date government guidelines
- the Underground option will take place on foot until further notice, not via the Underground
• Children under the age of 4 go free of charge
• If you choose the Underground option, you will need to purchase a Travelcard for Zone 1 before the start of the tour. Valid transport ticket types: Oyster card, printed travel card, contactless card and Apple Pay. The boat option does not require any public transport tickets.
• Total distance walked on the tour is 3.2 km