London: Jack the Ripper Interactive Guided Walking Tour
A GetYourGuide Original
The ultimate tour experience
- Unforgettable local guides
- Personalized experience
- Hidden highlights
- Priority access
- Full refund if you didn't enjoy the tour
Love where you're going, guaranteedWith a GetYourGuide Originals tour, you can enjoy complimentary rescheduling if you’re late or plans change, and a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied after taking your tour.
Unforgettable local guidesLed only by 5-star guides and local aficionados, you can expect intriguing insights, fun facts, and stories from the people who call your destination home.
Personalized experienceA maximum of 20 people on your tour, which means you'll enjoy a more interactive, personalized experience.
Top sights (and hidden ones, too)On an Originals tour, you'll discover lesser-known treasures that other visitors often miss, bringing you a deeper understanding of your destination.
Priority access — more time to exploreLong line? We'll show you how to skip it. Packed out sights? Follow us to the secret quiet spots. On Originals tours, you can explore in ways that others can't.
The Original experience
- Discover 19th-century London with an expert guide
- Choose from either a small-group or private guided experience
- Visit some of the real-life crime scenes around Whitechapel
- Investigate the crimes with the help of your own suspect cards
- See some of East End London's most emblematic sights, such as Spitalfields Market
In your small group or private group, assess photographic evidence and hear true stories about the investigation to suss out the suspects. Even use your own suspect cards to ‘investigate’ the alleged perpetrators.
Find out about the victims, suspects, and life in Whitechapel, an impoverished neighborhood at the time. Your guide will even share gems about Victorian London, including the cultural context for enduring figures such as Sherlock Holmes.
Was Jack the Ripper ever close to being caught? Why did he choose Whitechapel? Where was any evidence discovered? Find all this out and more with your Ripperologist guide.
• Brick Lane
• Christ Church
• Spitalfields Market
• Mitre Square
• Petticoat Lane
• Ten Bells Pub
- 2-hour Jack the Ripper walking tour
- Expert Ripperologist guide
- Suspect cards
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
• Meet your guide inside the west entrance of Altab Ali Park (Whitechapel Road). It's opposite the entrance to Aldgate East Tube Station and the Whitechapel Gallery. • Look for a guide wearing GetYourGuide attire and holding a red GetYourGuide flagOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This activity contains graphic details and visual content.
• This activity takes place entirely outdoors, so please come dressed for the weather
• While this tour does not include stairs or many inclines, people with limited mobility should be aware of the varying conditions of public paths