Cycle the historic Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race route of London’s River Thames on a full or half-day bike tour from Putney to Richmond. Visit a local pub for some samples of locally brewed ale and picnic in the grounds of a stately home.
What to Expect
Enjoy a quintessentially English adventure, cycling the banks of the River Thames in London, crossing the river 4 times and ending up in a riverside pub in leafy Richmond.
Cycle the route of the famous annual Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race, where the 2 historic universities battle for supremacy. Look out for practicing rowing teams as you bike the quiet South West London sections of the river.
Pass old riverside pubs, from Putney to Richmond, and hear the history of brewing in the area. Stop to enjoy shots of ale at one of 2 locations, and visit a brewery shop where you can buy souvenirs during the week.
The full-day ride takes you to working boat yards and a garden center set in the grounds of a 16th century stately home. Here, you can enjoy a picnic of traditional afternoon tea before biking on to Richmond to see the remains of the palace of King Henry VII. End at a riverside pub to relax and chat about the day before a short walk to the train.
You can also choose the easier half-day ride and finish before or after a pub lunch. You will be free to visit Kew Botanical Gardens, Kew National Archives, the Steam Museum, or the Musical Museum.
- Bike hire with helmet
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Ale tasting session
- Traditional afternoon tea picnic (full-day summer tour only)
- Mulled wine/tea/coffee is served on the winter full day tour.
What's Not Included
- Pub lunch
- Transport to/from start and finish location
- Entrance fee for attractions
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Sensible outdoor clothing/shoes advised, some of this route can be muddy.
• Booking is essential to reserve your bike.
• Luggage transfer and accommodation help is offered if needed (extra cost on request).
• No refund on cancellations within 72 hours of tour, however dates can be changed but subject to a charge.
• Private Tour is for 1-4 people with bike hire