See the highlights of the British Museum on a 2-hour guided tour, and discover relics from Ancient Egypt to artifacts found at the burial sites of Sutton Hoo. See Egyptian mummies and hierogylphs, the famous Parthenon Frieze, and much more.
What to Expect
Enjoy a stress-free visit to one of the most famous museums in the world on a small group tour of London’s British Museum.
Located just steps from Russell Square, the treasure chest of objects on display spans the continents and centuries of human civilization to tell the story of mankind from the beginning of time. With over 8 million pieces spanning 2 million years, it can be a daunting task to navigate on your own. This specially crafted guided tour takes you to the highlights.
Your guide will skillfully weave you through the 70 galleries to marvel at Athenian marbles, Egyptian mummies, and Anglo Saxon treasures. Discover the original Rosetta Stone, and learn how Egyptian hieroglyphs were deciphered. Admire the enormous Parthenon Frieze, one of the most important relics of classical Greece.
In the Egyptian Rooms, your guide will explain the importance of death and the afterlife in Ancient Egypt. Then, move on to see artifacts from Anglo Saxon culture, such as the relics found at the burial sites of Sutton Hoo.
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide if needed
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Until 17.11.16 the meeting point is in front of the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WCIB 3DG
From 18.11.16 your guide will meet you at Russell Square, by the red telephone boxes directly opposite the Russell Hotel at the entrance to the park
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• This tour operates with a maximum of 25 participants
• Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• This tour is unable to accommodate wheelchairs or guests with any impairments that require special assistance
• Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted
• Please note that flash photography is not permitted in the museum.
• Please wear comfortable shoes as the tour involves a good amount of walking