Free City of London 2.5-Hour Walking Tour
From $0 per personBook now
- Explore the historic sights of the City of London on a free walking tour
- See landmark monuments, such as the Tower of London, and St. Paul's Cathedral
- Walk through 2,000 years of history and discover how the Square Mile's borders have remained unchanged
- Admire modern architecture, such as the Millennium Bridge
- Learn about the Great Fire of London, and more
Explore it for free, and pay what you like in tips, on this 2.5-hour walking tour, departing from Temple Underground Station on the banks of the River Thames. The City of London’s borders have remained virtually unchanged since the Middle Ages and encompass a history that dates back to the Romans.
Walk through 2,000 years of history to get a great overview of the city, as well as great views of landmark monuments, such as the iconic dome of St. Paul’s Cathedral, the imposing fortress of the Tower of London, and the delightful reconstruction of William Shakespeare’s Elizabethan playhouse at the Globe Theatre on the south side of the Thames.
Along the way, you will wander down atmospheric alleys that evoke Dickens, and race through the centuries to see the constructions of the new millennium, such as the Millennium Bridge, and the pyramid-shaped Shard skyscraper.
Meet just outside Temple Tube (Underground) Station. The station is located between Temple Place and Victoria Embankment at Arundel Street. There is only one exit (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 39139