Criminals and Legends of London: Evening Walking TourProduct ID: 56536
From $29 per personBook now
- Explore the historic City of London district with a knowledgeable and entertaining guide
- Hear stories of ghostly figures that haunt the streets and local landmarks
- Enjoy captivating tales of London’s dark past and visit fascinating hidden locations
Many ghostly figures are said to walk the streets of the City, and on this evening tour you’ll hear their stories, many of which are tragic and sometimes gruesome.
Learn about the ghost of Charles Dickens, one of Britain’s best-loved authors. Hear the story of the woman who haunts the Bank of England, and of 2 beautiful but murderous queens who occasionally cross paths and can be seen fighting in the gloom of the evening.
London’s dark and criminal past will be brought to life as you learn about the life and crimes of the infamous Jack the Ripper.
Visit a Victorian pub with a secret. Built on the site of an old prison, you’ll be able to enter the cellars and see the smallest prison cells in London, now haunted by a poltergeist.
End your tour at Smithfield Market, where you’ll hear about Bloody Mary, and the Grey Lady, the ghost of St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.
- Walking tour with an expert, English-speaking guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Meet at Bank Tube station. Take the Tube to Bank, which is serviced by the Central, Northern, and Waterloo & City lines. Leave the station by exit 3, and once outside look for the statue of The Duke of Wellington outside the main entrance to the Royal Exchange building. Your guide will be waiting there, holding a sign for ease of recognition. (GPS coordinates: 51.513487, -0.088356) (Open in Google Maps)
• The tour group size does not exceed 20 participants; from 1 April 2017, the group size is 15 people maximum
• You are asked to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded
• The tour involves a fair amount of walking, so comfortable shoes are recommended
• Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate guests with wheelchairs or impairments, or strollers or baby carriages
• The supplier will do everything possible to ensure timings and itineraries are respected. Due to issues beyond the supplier’s control, timings and sites are subject to last-minute changes on rare occasions
Product ID: 56536