See British tradition come to life on this fully guided Changing of the Guard Walking Tour to ensure you get the best views of this spectacular ceremony that doesn’t just show you the Changing of the Guard – you experience it.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
By the Duke of York Column, Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with a statue on top. Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and take exit No. 3 onto Regent Street/ St. James's. Walk south down Regent Street towards St. James's Park (do not walk north towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street. You will see the tall column with a statue on top. You can also arrive via Charing Cross Station. Walk down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace, you will see the statue on your right at the top of some steps.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade
- Please note that the changing of the guard schedule may change and on different dates we will see either foot guards or horse guards
- Regretfully, guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated – the tour operator is also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours
- Please note that if you book your tour on Tuesday and Thursday, you’ll experience the change of the Household Cavalry.