Buckingham Palace, Changing of the Guard & English TeaProduct ID: 49916
From $111 per personBook now
- Visit the State Apartments in Buckingham Palace
- Experience the quintessential London institutions of the Changing of the Guard and afternoon tea
- Enjoy informative commentaries and insider knowledge from your expert guide
Enjoy commentary about the history and pageantry behind the ceremony. Watch the Queen’s Foot Guards march to Buckingham Palace together with the military band, or see the Household Cavalry change the guard at Horse Guards Parade.
Next you’ll catch a rare glimpse into the private residence of the Royals with a visit inside Buckingham Palace. Tickets can be hard to come by but with this pre-booked entrance, you are guaranteed access and there will be no waiting in line.
With the help of the official audio guide you’ll learn all about the palace’s residents, history, and traditions as well as its furnishings and ornamentation.
Slow down the pace a bit with a relaxing stroll to a luxury hotel for traditional afternoon tea. Your guide will walk you through the tradition as only a true local can. Work your way through a selection of finger sandwiches before enjoying a classic scone with thick clotted cream and homemade preserves.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for Buckingham Palace
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Traditional afternoon tea
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
The meeting point is by the Duke of York Column at Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with the statue on top. Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and then take exit 3 onto Regent Street/St. James. Walk south down Regent Street towards St. James Park (do not walk north towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street. You will see the tall column with the statue on top. You can also arrive via Charing Cross Station. Walking down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace you will see the statue on your right at the top of some steps. GPS coordinates: 51.5063159, -0.1317662000000155 (Open in Google Maps)
• Photography is not permitted inside Buckingham Palace but is allowed in the gardens.
• Regrettably, this tour cannot accommodate guests with wheelchairs or impairments requiring special assistance, or strollers or baby carriages.
• Guests are advised to wear comfortable shoes.
• The Changing of the Guard does not occur during heavy rains and will be replaced with an extension to the walking tour.
• Occasionally on Sundays the Changing of the Guard may be rescheduled to early morning, meaning that the tour will not be able to feature this component.
Product ID: 49916