Ljubljana's magical charm grows even stronger in wintertime when the city turns into an enchanting wonderland! Neighborhoods are full of colorful lights, Christmas markets, the aroma of fragrant mulled wine, and everyone’s favorite winter delights.
What to Expect
Discover Ljubljana, the most beautiful city in the world, in a different light — or in colorful Christmas lights, to be precise! Dive into holiday festivities, warm yourself with delicious mulled wine, and find out why this city is one of Europe's best-kept secrets.
This Ljubljana tour will take you through the charming city streets, full of holiday decorations, Christmas markets, and winter-inspired music. Sip on delicious mulled wine with locals as you visit some trendy places for dessert and snacks, view the colorful lights of Old Town and Castle Hill, and end the evening at a popular local spot.
You’ll zip up your jackets, fling your scarves around your necks, and start this amazing tour in the financial district, among the historic bling of buildings. Walk past by the national parliament and enjoy the lavishly decorated, famous Star Park, nested in one of Ljubljana's biggest squares, Congress Square. You'll stop and check out some fantastic architectural offerings like the University of Ljubljana building and the Philharmonic. You’ll also get the chance to take a few gorgeous photos of the lit-up castle on the hill. You will continue our walk through small streets and arrive at two of the most charming neighborhoods of Ljubljana: Krakovo and Trnovo.
Here, you’ll stop in to a couple of local places to sample delicious dishes, like local mushrooms and cheese platters, and to sip on some world-class Slovenian wines — warmed and spiced up to a comfortable winter-friendly temperature! Once the hot cup of wine has warmed your hands, you’ll follow along the cobble stoned streets of Ljubljana's Old Town. Then it’s time to grab a quick snack at one of the holiday stands, and admire the must-see sights of Prešeren Square, Triple Bridge, City Hall, Ljubljana Castle, and the Central Marketplace, all while we share stories from days gone by.
You will finish off your tour by conquering one of the tallest buildings in the city, and enjoy the view of the city basking in colorful holiday lights. Finally, you will end the evening with a traditional Slovenian cake, which will get you energized for the unforgettable nightlife in Ljubljana!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mulled wine
- Pretzels, local snacks, dessert
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
In front of NAMA department store, Cankarjeva Street 1
Know Before You Go
• Comfortable walking shoes and warm clothes are recommended for this tour.
• In case a site is closed, the next best alternative will be used, offering the same level of service.
• This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
• Please note that alcohol is served on this tour, however children will be offered a non-alcoholic beverage.