Start your day with a drive to glacier-fed Lake Bled and admire its medieval castle. Continue on to Slovenia for a visit to Ljubljana, an enchanting place that will win your heart. Enjoy a guided tour of the Slovenian capital and learn about its history.
What to Expect
Your full-day (10-hour) excursion begins with a pick-up at your centrally located hotel or Zrinjevac Park. Sit back and relax in an air-conditioned vehicle for the 2-hour drive to Lake Bled.
En route your guide will tell you about the history of Croatia and Slovenia. You’ll hear about the hidden gems of both countries and the historical dynamics that carved them into countries they are today.
Start your visit to Lake Bled at its impressive medieval castle that dates back to the 11th century. Perched atop a steep cliff rising 130 meters above the glacial lake, it is a symbol of Bled and Slovenia.
Take in the mesmerizing views of the Julian Alps, the Church of the Assumption of Mary on the rocky islet and the surrounding natural beauty. Get up close to the lake and enjoy a walk to take in even more breathtaking vistas.
Continue to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, where the beauty of this small but big-hearted city will enchant you. Note the variety of architectural styles and quirky bridges with their carved dragons. Your guide will lead you on a leisurely walking tour, and tell you all the interesting bits about this Slovenian pearl.
After the tour you’ll have free time for lunch. Conclude your Ljubljana experience at Ljubljana Castle, reaching the castle on a 60-second funicular ride. Take in panoramic views of the city before returning to Zagreb.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission fee at Lake Bled Castle
- Round trip ride by funicular to Ljubljana Castle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Walking tour of Ljubljana
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (selected hotels only)
Park Zrinjevac, Trg Nikola Subic Zrinski
What to Remember
• You must confirm visa requirements and obtain any required visa prior to the border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
• A moderate amount of walking with some steep parts is involved. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel