Discover more than 8,000 sea creatures from 4 ocean habitats at the Oceanário de Lisboa with a pre-booked entrance ticket. Immerse yourself in the North Atlantic, Antarctic, Temperate Pacific, and Tropical Indian Ocean.
What to Expect
Join the 17 million visitors from 140 countries that have visited Lisbon Oceanarium (Oceanário de Lisboa) since it opened in 1998. Located on the grounds of the Expo 98 site, it is the largest indoor aquarium in Europe. Your entrance ticket allows you access to all permanent exhibitions.
Celebrate life on earth through stunning displays of more than 8,000 creatures from 500 species, and learn about the complexity of the world’s oceans. Divided into 4 separate bodies of water - representing the North Atlantic, Antarctic, Temperate Pacific, and Tropical Indian Ocean - large acrylic panels cleverly divide each from a central aquarium to create the impression that all living creatures roam in one single mass of salt water!
- Entrance to permanent and temporary exhibitions
What's Not Included
- Guided tour
- Audio guides
- Food and beverages
Esplanada Dom Carlos I, s/nº, Parque das Nações, 1990-005 Lisbon
The following bus routes serve "Oriente," the nearest stop to the Oceanário: 5, 10, 19, 21, 28, 50, 68, 81, 82, 85. To get there by subway, follow the red "M" signs and take the red line to "Oriente," which is the last stop
GPS: N 38º 45' 48,61'' W 9º 5' 37,62''
What to Remember
• Audio guides are available to hire in Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, Italian, and German
• Guided tours are available at extra cost in Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, and German (must be pre-booked)
• Educational activities for schools, families, and organized groups are available (must be pre-booked)
• Ramps and elevators are available throughout the building, in accordance with European accessibility laws