Lisbon: Pena Palace, Sintra, Cabo da Roca, & Cascais Daytrip
A GetYourGuide Original
Best-in-class excursions made easy
- Unforgettable local guides
- Perfectly planned itineraries
- True insider-scoop
- Comfortable transportation
- Love where you’re going, guaranteed
Unforgettable local guidesLed only by 5-star guides and local aficionados, you can expect intriguing insights, fun facts, and stories from the people who call your destination home.
Perfectly planned itinerariesFrom start to finish, every moment of your day trip is thoughtfully mapped out for you to enjoy an incredible journey. We have curated the best stops to offer you the best possible experience.
True insider-scoopWith a local guide, you’ll experience your destination in a way that other visitors don’t. They will make sure you discover the top sights and hidden gems. Get ready to enjoy a day made memorable with unique insider access.
Comfortable transportationOn a GetYourGuide Originals day trip, you can enjoy the journey, not just the destination. Experience comfortable transportation throughout your trip in safe and clean vehicles with plenty of space to sit back and relax.
Love where you’re going, guaranteedWith GetYourGuide Originals, you can enjoy complimentary rescheduling if you’re late or plans change, and a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied after taking your tour.
Pickup optional• Customers can be picked at any hotel within central Lisbon • Customers should be ready in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before their scheduled pickup time
The Original experience
- Avoid the long lines and get a guided tour of the famous Pena Palace
- Discover Sintra’s beautiful architecture, historic estates, and lush gardens
- Take in panoramic views of the stunning coastal cliffs of Cabo da Roca
- Visit the elegant seaside resort town of Cascais and its posh marina
- Choose from a small-group tour with 8 people max or a private tour
Your journey from Lisbon starts at the famous city of Sintra, whose Romanticist architecture, historic estates and villas, and numerous royal palaces and castles have made it a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Enjoy the freedom of choosing for some options whether you want an included entry ticket and tour of the colorful Pena Palace, or whether you prefer to gain some extra free time instead.
Arriving early into Sintra means greater chances of avoiding the long lines at its most famous site, if you choose to go with your guide on a comprehensive tour through its lavish interiors and lush gardens. The palace’s faithful restoration and fairy-tale-like appearance will impress you with its beautiful facade and extravagant interior.
Next, head over to the center of Sintra and get 1.5-hours of free time to wander on your own. Your guide will give you recommendations of the city’s must-see locations as well as the best restaurant options for delicious traditional Portuguese dining.
Continue onto Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of continental Europe, and take in the impressive views of the ocean crashing against the high rocky cliffs. If weather permitting, stop at Guincho beach, whose strong winds and high swells have made it a popular surfing destination.
Lastly, arrive in Cascais, an elegant seaside resort town on the Portuguese Riviera. Stroll through the lovely city center and make sure to check out Cascais’ luxury marina, its charming fishing port, and a restored fort that houses many local craftsmen.
After your free exploration time in Cascais, relax back on board your air-conditioned minivan, and admire more breathtaking views of the Portuguese coast as you make your way back to Lisbon.
- Pena Palace entry ticket (if option selected)
- Pena Palace guided tour (if option selected)
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service (if private tour option selected)
Prepare for the activity
• Meet in front of Hotel Mundial. Address: Praça Martim Moniz, 2 • Look for a guide wearing GetYourGuide attire and holding a red GetYourGuide flag • Arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the tour to avoid delaysOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Face mask or protective covering
• A moderate amount of walking is involved on this tour
• Customers will be split into separate language groups with a monolingual guide once a certain language group size is reached
• On some days, access to the main entrance to the Sintra Palace may be restricted. In this event, visitors will be asked to enter the palace through a different entrance, which requires an additional 12-minute walk
• For pickup service on private tours, if the address is not accessible by van, you will be given an alternative location nearby to be picked up from
• Due to country-wide regulation, the use of face masks inside the vehicle and inside monuments is mandatory. Customers will also be asked to clean their hands with the provided sanitizing gel before entering the vehicle.