Explore 2 of Portugal's historic gems on a 9-hour tour of Lisbon and Fátima. Discover the traditional squares and landmark monuments of the Portuguese capital, before driving to one of the most important pilgrim shrines of the Catholic faith.
What to Expect
Explore the Portuguese capital and its landmark sights on a morning tour of Lisbon, before driving to the pilgrim site of Fátima in the Portuguese Centro.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, drive down the elegant Avenida da Liberdade, Lisbon’s main boulevard for luxury shops and restaurants. Continue to Rossio Square (Praça de D. Pedro IV), once a site of bullfights, revolts and executions!
Take a short walk through Alfama, Lisbon’s oldest and most picturesque neighborhood. Stop for a special wine tasting at a local handicraft store. Next, drive along the banks of the River Tagus, admiring Praça do Comércio and the Tagus Bridge along the way.
Learn about Portugal’s “Age of Discoveries” in Belém, and see the Torres Belém and Discoveries Monument, built to commemorate the famous explorer, D. Henrique o Navegante (Henry the Navigator). Visit the monumental Mosteiro dos Jerónimos to marvel at its Manueline façade. Next, go to the Coach Museum to see the world’s largest collection of carriages and coaches. Break for lunch at your own leisure.
Depart Lisbon in the afternoon, and head north to Fátima. The historic pilgrim site is awash with Christian monuments, including the church where you will find the tombstones of the 3 children that saw the apparition of the Virgin Mary. Go to the Chapel of Apparitions at the heart of the shrine. Time will be provided to attend mass, or to tour the sanctuary grounds if you prefer.
- Hotel pick-up in Lisbon
- Entrance to the Coach Museum
- Port wine tasting
Know Before You Go
• Please note that Jerónimos Monastery and the Coach Museum are closed on Mondays. You will visit Ajuda Palace instead
• Children aged 6-10 years old will only be charged 50% of tour price. Children less than 6 years old participate for free
• This tour is available in Portuguese, English, Spanish or Italian
• Reservation must be maded 48-hours prior to service date and guaranteed after payment. For bank transfers, it is necessary to send back receipt up to 48 hours prior to service date
• Cancellations made up to 24 hours before departure will not be charged a cancellation fee, after this deadline there is no refund available
• All tours can be modified or cancelled without further notice. If the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, the tour operator reserves the right to use minibuses or a private car
• For clients staying at Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais area hotels a pick-up service is available at an extra cost