Half-Day Tour of Sintra from LisbonProduct ID: 1065
Pick-up service• Free transfers from any Lisbon Hotel. 8 EUR fee for pick-up from Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais-area hotels. • For those with hotel pick-up, please call (00351) 21 319 10 90 (office hours: 07:30 to 19:30, daily) 24 hours prior to your departure to reconfirm your tour and schedule your hotel pick-up. On the day of your tour, please be ready at least 10 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- See the majecstic Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of continental Europe
- See the windsurfers at Guincho Beach
- Snap a picture at the Boca do Inferno
- Explore the beautiful shores of Estoril, the Portuguese Riviera
Experience an unforgettable afternoon as you head north from Lisbon to the UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Landscape of Sintra. Admire the Royal Palace, the best preserved medieval palace in Portugal. Located in Sintra Village itself, the Royal Palace was inhabited continuously from the 15th century through the late 19th century, and was the summer playground of Portuguese royalty. You'll quickly identify the palace's hallmark conical chimneys, and appreciate the rich collection of azulejos, or glazed tiles.
As with the rest of Portugal, Sintra takes its sweets very seriously. Follow the crowd up a narrow nearby street to Piriquita. Since 1862, this popular confectioner and café has served up sumptuous cakes and pastries.
The feast of the senses continues as we pass through the lush gardens of Parque Natural Sintra-Cascais, making our way to Cabo da Roca (from 1st March to 31st October), the westernmost point in continental Europe.
Then soak in ocean sights as we journey along the coast, passing Guincho Beach, a windsurfing favorite, and Boca do Inferno, a natural grotto created by the sea. Upon reaching Cascais, you'll enjoy the panoramic view overlooking the bay. Then we'll return through Estoril, 'the Protuguese Riviera', with Europe's largest casino and its beautiful gardens.
- Hotel pick-up from Lisbon
- Royal Palace entrance
- Guided tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
• In case you choose not to be available for hotel pick-up, please proceed to Marquês de Pombal Square. Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour departs. (Open in Google Maps)
-National Sintra Palace is closed on wednesdays. Alternative: Queluz Palace.
• Any tour can be canceled due to technical reasons, weather condiions, maintenance or other.
Tour doesn't operate on 25th December and 1st January.
Product ID: 1065