On this full-day private tour of Évora and its UNESCO World Heritage Site, explore the richness of Alentejo's capital, enjoy the local gastronomy, visit the medieval village of Monsaraz, and travel to one of the most famous wineries in Portugal.
What to Expect
Your tour begins at 08:30 with a pick-up from your hotel/ apartment or cruise ship. This ensures enough time to enjoy your program without any hurry. This private tour is provided mainly with the objective of showing you the national monuments at Évora, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Monsaraz. Although there will be time to visit the inside of some selected monuments or attractions, it is never sufficient to visit all of them, so please inform your driver of your preferences and all arrangements will be made in order to fulfill your preferences. This experience is provided for the sole purpose of your enjoyment, so feel free to ask for whatever you need and best efforts will be made to accommodate your request. As this is a private tour, you will have the freedom to rearrange your tour as you see fit.
A standard itinerary will follow this form. After the hotel pick-up, you will head directly to the southeast through one of Lisbon's emblematic bridges, driving directly to Évora, approximately a 1.5-hour drive. Once you arrive, walk through the small city centre to the main attractions such as the Roman Temple, cathedral, Bones Chapel, and Giraldo's Square ( an approximately 1 to 2 kilometer walk to see all the main spots). After lunch, head to the Esporão Estate, home to some of the most emblematic Portuguese wines and one of the biggest wineries. Here, you will have the chance to taste (optionally) some of the wines and olive oils produced in the estate. Afterwards, you will visit Monsaraz, a beautifully preserved medieval village just half an hour from Évora. After visiting Monsaraz, head back to your hotel/ accommodation in Lisbon. Please note that the order of these visits may be altered due to lunch options and/or more favorable visiting hours for the attractions/ monuments.
- Private tour
- Hotel/ port pick-up and drop-off
- Bottled water/ refreshments
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Bring your camera
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Comfortable clothing, especially for the hotter days, as well as a high SPF sunscreen and a hat
• Child (3-years-old or above) seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Children must always be accompanied by an adult
• At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and reboarding time
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements or any other special needs at time of booking