Embark on a combination of tours to discover the best of Lisbon and Sintra. Explore UNESCO World Heritage monuments such as the Belém Tower and St. Jerome Monastery and soak-up Lisbon’s old world atmosphere before reveling in Sintra's beauty.
What to Expect
Explore Lisbon and visit its many historic sites on the morning of your full-day combined tour.
Begin by crossing the 25th April Bridge, and on the return, enjoy fantastic views of Lisbon and it's hills before traveling on to Belém Quarter. See monuments dating from the 15th and 16th centuries, such as Belém Tower. The Monument to the Discoveries, built to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the death of Prince Henry the Navigator, memorializes those who took part in Portugal’s Age of Discoveries.
Next you’ll visit the St. Jerome Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a masterpiece of the Manueline style. Continue to The National Coach Museum, home to a collection of some of the most important old carriages in the world!
Travel along the river to Alfama, the city’s old and traditional district, where you’ll walk along the narrow streets and visit a shop for a taste of Port wine.
As you pass by the downtown area, known as the Baixa district, you’ll admire Lisbon´s most important squares such as the monumental Trade Square, Rossio Square, at the heart of Lisbon, and Restauradores Square.
Afterwards you’ll enjoy a drive along Liberdade Avenue, Lisbon’s main boulevard. Finish the Lisbon part of your tour at Pombal Square, before having some free time and a break for lunch.
Head off for an unforgettable afternoon in Sintra, a UNESCO Cultural Landscape. Be sure to taste the delicious local sweets such as queijadas or travesseiros, in a traditional tearoom.
Travel through the Sintra Mountains where you’ll admire lavish and exuberant vegetation before arriving at Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point in Europe.
Along the coast, you’ll pass by Guincho Beach, where you can see windsurfers, and Boca do Inferno, a grotto created by erosion. Throughout this part of the journey you’ll have constant views of the sea and surrounding landscape. In coastal Cascais you’ll be able to see out over the bay.
On the return journey to Lisbon, pass through Estoril and enjoy a panoramic view of the casino and its gardens.
- Pick-up and drop off at central Lisbon hotels
- Guided visits
- Coach Museum admission
- Sintra National Palace admission
- Port wine tasting
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The Jerónimos Monastery and the Coach Museum are closed on Mondays, so a visit to the Palácio da Ajuda (Ajuda Palace) will be offered instead
• Sintra National Palace is closed on Wednesdays, so a visit to the Queluz Palace will be offered instead
• The visit to Cabo da Roca is offered from 1 March-31 October
• Children 6-10 years may participate at half price
• Children younger than 6 years may join for free
• Tours are available in Portuguese, English, Spanish, and German
• This tour must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance
• Cancellations can be made up to 24 hours before departure with no fee charged. After this time no refund is available
• All tours can be modified or cancelled by the operator without further notice. If the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, the tour operator reserves the right to use minibuses or a private car
• Transfers from hotels in the Estoril Coast, Sintra, and Cascais areas can be arranged at an additional cost