Port Stephens: Wild Dolphin Cruise with Swim Option
- Swim with wild dolphins in their own environment and observe natural dolphin behaviour (if option selected)
- Experience what it's like to be a part of a pod of dolphins
- Witness a stunning sunrise while cruising out into the Port Stephens-Great Lakes Marine Park
- Enjoy a light breakfast available throughout the tour
- Share the memories of your experience with the included above-water photos from the Facebook page
- Relax on the deck of the beautiful 52 foot catamaran
Once the dolphins have been located and their behavior monitored and found to be favorable for a swim, the the first group of swimmers enters a net at the bow of the vessel, all the while attached with a safety lanyard to the catamaran. The vessel will stop while your group (and your divemaster) enter the water - it will then begin to move slowly forward. The dolphins will swim back and forth between the bows of the vessel, quite often within a meter of the swimmers and seemingly fascinated by the strange creatures being towed in the water behind them! You'll be so close to the dolphins, it will be just like being a part of the pod!
You can of course also just observe the dolphins from the boat without entering the water.
- Wild dolphin swim (if option selected)
- Gear rental (wetsuit, mask, snorkel, safety harness)
- Light breakfast (unlimited tea/coffee, breads, cereals, fresh fruit platter)
- Educational commentary
- Seasickness tablets
- All above-water photos (approximately 150 photos taken each tour) which are later posted to the operator's Facebook page and available to all guests for copying and sharing
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Dock C, d'Albora Marina, 8 Teramby Rd, Nelson Bay NSW 2315, Australia. Please wait at the eastern end of d'Albora Marina (in front of "Bluey's Restaurant & Bar") and one of the crew will bring you to the vessel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You will be placed in a group of 6 for the swim. There is a limit of 24 swimmers and 12 observers on each tour.
• If you do regularly suffer from motion sickness, it is recommend that you take travel medication when going to bed one or two nights before coming on the tour, as well as another tablet on the morning of your swim
• Booking this tour means that you agree to sign a waiver when you get on board the vessel
• All participants are required to arrive at the meeting point at 5:00 AM
• This tour will make reasonable endeavors to maintain advertised details for The Swim but reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised locations, prices and departure times for The Swim without notice.