This is the only permitted wild dolphin swim opportunity in New South Wales and the only one of its kind in the world! Includes a 4-hour cruise, all gear, educational commentary, a video of the underwater action, plus all above-water photos.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Swim with wild dolphins in their own environment and observe natural dolphin behaviour (if option selected)
- Experience what it's like to be a part of a pod of dolphins
- Witness a stunning sunrise while cruising out into the Port Stephens-Great Lakes Marine Park
- Share the memories of your experience with the included above-water photos from the Facebook page
- Relax on the deck of the beautiful 52 foot catamaran
- Wild dolphin swim (if option selected)
- Gear rental (wetsuit, mask, snorkel, safety harness)
- Educational commentary
- Seasickness tablets
- All above-water photos (approximately 150 photos taken each tour) which are later posted to the operator's Facebook page and available to all guests for copying and sharing
- A video of the underwater action on the day
- People with mobility impairments
- Children under 7 years
- People over 70 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Dock C, d'Albora Marina, 8 Teramby Rd, Nelson Bay NSW 2315, Australia. Please wait at the eastern end of d'Albora Marina (in front of "Bluey's Restaurant & Bar") and one of the crew will bring you to the vessel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Waterproof cameras
Know before you go
- Please wear your swimsuit to the vessel so you're ready to be fitted with your wetsuit. Also bring a towel & a warm jacket - preferably one that can be worn over a wet wetsuit (even on very hot days, it can still get cool out on the open water).
- You will be placed in a group of 6 for the swim. There is a limit of 24 swimmers and 12 observers on each tour.
- If you do regularly suffer from motion sickness, it is recommend that you take travel medication when going to bed one or two nights before coming on the tour, as well as another tablet on the morning of your swim
- Booking this tour means that you agree to sign a waiver when you get on board the vessel
- All participants are required to arrive at the meeting point at 5:00 AM
- This tour will make reasonable endeavors to maintain advertised details for The Swim but reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised locations, prices and departure times for The Swim without notice.