Embark on a 2-hour walk in Vieux Lille with a qualified guide, on the trail of the town's history as well as its heritage. Spot the old town’s main sights and monuments and hear fun facts and anecdotes about life on the charming cobbled streets.
What to Expect
Visit Lille's most charming district and admire its architecture, shops, and museums on a 2-hour guided walk.
Learn about the old town's heritage and history from your guide as you pass Vieux Lille's landmarks and monuments.
Some of the attractions you’ll see include the Palais Rihour, the main square, the Old Stock Exchange, the Opera House, the Chamber of Commerce, and Notre-Dame de la Treille Cathedral.
The tour will conclude near the Hospice Comtesse. Founded in 1237 by Jeanne de Flandre, the Hospice features a display of works from Lille's past including objects from everyday life, wooden sculptures, earthenware, furniture, and paintings.
- 2-hour guided tour of Vieux Lille
Know Before You Go
• Note that most of the old city's streets are cobbled. For this reason, high heels are not a good footwear option
• Tours do not operate on 1 January, 1 May, 25 December, during the first weekend in September, or on Heritage Day weekend (3rd weekend in December)
• French tours are conducted daily at 15:00
• English tours are available every Saturday at 10:15