Your first stop will be The Potala Palace . And then you will go to visit Sera Monastery & Drepung Monaster. The next day, we will drive to Lake Yamdrok - one of the three holy lakes in Tibet. Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery which is painted in red and white.
What to Expect
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
Upon arrival at Lhasa Airport, you’ll be greeted & warmly welcomed by our professional English speaking tour guide. Transfer to hotel which you booked before.
Day 2: Lhasa
Today we explore Lhasa. Your first stop will be The Potala Palace with its 10,000 steps. It is the largest structure in Tibet. Then we visit to the most celebrated temple in Tibet the The Jokhang Temple . The afternoon is a little more relaxed with time to enjoy some leisure time in Barkhor Street to shop and to look at some of the local crafts.
Day 3: Lhasa
Today you will go to visit Sera Monastery . It is known as one of the three greatest monasteries of Tibet. As one of the three main monasteries of Lhasa, it is here that the monks "famous daily debates" take place. One of the most famous souvenir in Tibet is carpet.Then we will go to The Carpet Factory. By visiting the Factory you will have a general idea how carpets are produced.
After lunch you will have a chance to visit Drepung Monastery and Norbulingka . Drepung Monastery used to be the living palace of Dalai Lamas before the reconstruction of Potala palace (after the 5th Dalai Lamas was bestowed by Qing emperor Qianlong). Norbulingka means "Jeweled Garden". It was constructed as a summer palace for the Dalai Lama and later served the whole governmental administration.
Day 4: Lhasa to Shigatse
Drive to Lake Yamdrok - one of the three holy lakes in Tibet. You can choose to enjoy a pinic luch by the lake side. Then drive for about 4 hours to Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet.
Day 5: Shigatse to Lhasa
Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery which is painted in red and white. The buildings in the monastery stand close together in terraced rows offer a great view of the surrounding country side. After having lunch we will drive back to Lhasa. Enjoy the grassland views on the way (about 4 hours).
Day 6: Depart from Lhasa
Free in the day until our local guide escorts you to the airport for your onward flight to your next destination.
- Hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast
- Meals as specified in the itinerary. L=Lunch; D=Dinner
- Private car/coach for transfers service and sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide for transfers and sightseeing program as indicated
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Service charge and government Taxes
- For tours with Yangtze River cruise, Yangtze River cruise ship (on twin shared basis) with one night pre-boarding in Chongqing (unless specified), all meals onboard, shore excursions as indicated in the itinerary.
What's Not Included
- Entry or exit China international airfare or train tickets
- Air tickets or train tickets which are not specified in the itinerary on the first arrival day and last departure day
- Hotel room/cruise cabin single supplement
- Any flights or trains between cities and airport tax and fuel fee
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver and hotel bellboy
- Excess baggage charges
- Fees for entry visa to China
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Traveler insurance