From Amsterdam: Netherlands Countryside Tour & Dutch Lunch
- Walk across the world-famous Afsluitdijk, an enclosing dike
- Enjoy a traditional Dutch lunch in a village frozen in time
- Admire charming farmhouses and sprawling grasslands
- Visit a fascinating UNESCO listed steam pumping station
- Explore the small city of Hindeloopen and shop for souvenirs
Continue the tour into the province of Friesland where you’ll be transported back in time as you explore the only open-air museum village in the area. Meet the villagers and take a guided tour of the old farmhouses, then stroll through the sprawling grasslands and admire cows and windmills in the meadows.
Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, enjoy a traditional Dutch lunch before traveling to Hindeloopen. After a tour of this charming little city, spend some free time exploring, shop for souvenirs, and grab a drink from a harbor bar. The final stop of the day is to the beautiful Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal, a UNESCO listed steam pumping station.
- All entrance fees
- Bottle of water
- Traditional treats
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned van
- Experienced guide
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
To reach the meeting point, take the free ferry from Amsterdam Central station to Buikslotermeer and walk two minutes to the bus stop behind "This is Holland". Please check-in at the meeting point at 8:15 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶