Discover Leipzig on a guided bike tour in a private group. Ride along the quiet streets and green paths through the old city, the parks, and Leipzig's Gründerzeitviertel. Hear interesting anecdotes and stories about the city's history from your guide.
What to Expect
Get to know Leipzig on a classic, private bike tour in a private group. Choose the date you want and join an expert, entertaining tour guide, as you ride on quiet streets and green paths throughout the old city center, the parks, and Leipzig's Gründerzeitviertel. Enjoy exciting stories and anecdotes along the way, such as why so many lions are born in the Leipzig Zoo, or why Augustus the Strong never built a palace in Leipzig.
See the market, the old Town Hall, and the beautiful St. Thomas Church with its memorial to Bach. Ride along the Rosental and the zoo, and pay a visit to Gohils Castle. Pass through the famed Waldstrassen neighborhood and the sports arena with the World Cup Stadium.
In the west of the city you can discover it’s impressive industrial architecture. In the scenic Plagwitz and Schleussig areas, you’ll see former colorful yarn factories and attractive lofts by the water. A small detour takes you to the Musikviertel (Music Quarter) with the federal court, the Johannapark, and the new Town Hall in the city center.
What's Not Included
- Bicycle rental (Available on request, please state so at time of booking)
- Entry fees for sights
- Meals and drinks
Best Western Hotel, Kurt-Schumacher-Straße 3, Leipzig
Know Before You Go
• The tour can accommodate groups of over 20 people as well as individual cyclists on request.
• The usual tour covers 15 kilometers and is suitable for everyone.
• Participants can't be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication.
• Minimum age is 16; younger participants may only join the group under the supervision of parents or an accompanying adult.
• You can personalize the route.
• It is possible to rent a bike from lipzi tours (please request at the time of booking)
• Price for a basic rental bike for the duration of the tour is 5 EUR per bike