Lake Tekapo: Glaciers, Mountains, and Landscapes Scenic Tour
- Capture the best photos of Lake Tekapo and Mount Cook
- Enjoy private access to the most beautiful High Country sheep stations
- Travel in style in a Land Rover Defender Ultimate 4WD vehicle
- Escape the crowds and explore Tekapo's backcountry with a small group
Learn about this unique part of New Zealand's South Island from a local High Country guide in the company of a small group. Sip tea and enjoy snacks in the fresh mountain air, surrounded by the tranquil landscapes of Mackenzie Backcountry. The properties visited are only accessible on scenic 4WD tours.
Journey through the backcountry to Musterer's hut, before traveling through fields of roaming wild sheep and red deer, and past vibrant mountain ranges glistening with snow and dotted with turquoise-colored glacial lakes. This breathtaking tour is the only on offer in Lake Tekapo. Discover the most beautiful sights of Magazine Country — a sure highlight of your NZ travels.
- Pickup and drop-off from a meeting point in Lake Tekapo township
- Guided tour of the Mackenzie Country landscapes and geology
- Private access to High Country sheep stations
- Tea and snacks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the red and green-signed building, Aotea Gifts. Your guide will be waiting in the parking lot right in front of the store, in the center of Lake Tekapo township (in front of the post office).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Food and drinks
• This tour may take an alternate route if weather is not suitable, or based on farming practices during certain times of year