A full day tour in a small group though the pearls of Lake Como: see Bellagio and Varenna, visit Villa Balbianello, view the gardens of Villa Melzi, taste olive oil at an original mill, try local cheese, wine, fish and more.
What to Expect
The tour starts at the Ferry Terminal ticket office in Varenna. Your first stop is at a fascinating old mill to taste the world famous olive oil, Valsassina cheese, local sliced meat and wine.
You will visit Varenna with its Celtic origins and steep alleys, during a 45-minute walking tour.
Lunch will be served in a top quality lakefront restaurant where you will be offered typical lake fish starters and pasta (a non-fish menu will also be available).
After lunch you shall relax on a private motorboat, admiring spectacular mountains and stunning villas, once homes of aristocrats, now the playgrounds of jet setters.
You will then stop for a guided tour at the stunning Villa del Balbianello, a shooting location for movies such as “Star Wars” and “Casino Royale”.
The motorboat will bring you to Bellagio to see Villa Melzi's gardens before ending at approximately 18:00 in Bellagio, where it is highly recommended for you to stop for a romantic happy hour or dinner.
- English speaking tour leader
- Food tastings
- Lakefront restaurant lunch
- Walking tours of Varenna and Bellagio
- Boat Tour
- Tickets to Villa Balbianello
What's Not Included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
• A fair amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible
• The tour runs rain or shine. In case of bad weather conditions it is possible that the tour undergoes some slight changes and that the transfer to Villa Balbianello is done using public transport and not with the private boat taxi, due to safety reasons