Snorkel the most beautiful underwater ecosystem of the Dominican Republic on a tour of Catalina Island from La Romana. Laze on the soft sand beach and sip cooling drinks in the sun. Enjoy a barbecue feast to experience the ultimate day in paradise.
What to Expect
Climb aboard the gleaming white “Paradise” catamaran for a full-day of fun in the sun of Catalina Island, and discover the Dominican Republic’s most beautiful underwater eco system.
Departing from the marina at around 10:00, set course for the east side of Catalina Island to snorkel in the turquoise waters of “The Wall,” offering superb visibility conditions for spotting the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. An adventure team will be on hand to assist you with your snorkel equipment requirements.
Next, set sail for a beach on the west side of the island to find the perfect spot for the rest of the afternoon. An acclaimed chef of Catalina Island will have been busy preparing an incredible Dominican feast for you, which will be served at around 13:00. Enjoy servings of barbecued pork and chicken, as well as abundant salads, pasta, and local fruits. Those on the VIP package will get a serving of barbecued lobster, served with a glass of cold white wine.
The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore the island at leisure. Stroll along white sand beaches, or relax under palm trees, listening to the waves break on the shore. The beach bar is carefully positioned so that you can take in the cool breeze of the ocean, while trying a selection of refreshing alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
At around 15:15, climb aboard the catamaran, where you can expect light refreshments at the bar and dancing from the entertainment team. Cruise back to La Romana marina for an approximate 16:00 arrival. A transfer bus will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
- Snorkeling equipment
- Boat ride
- Experienced guides
- Beach visit on Catalina Island
- National Park admission to Catalina Island
- Dominican feast
- Round-trip hotel transfers
What's Not Included
- Photos or videos (available to purchase separately)
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Bring your bathing suit, sunblock, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, cash to purchase any souvenirs on the beach, and your camera
• Choose the VIP option for fresh lobster off the barbecue, served with a glass of white wine
• Your pick-up and drop off times will be confirmed upon receipt of your hotel details
• Operator reserves the right to reschedule the excursion in the event of bad weather