Embark on an easy trek to the Austria Peak summit near La Paz city. Take advantage of this fun and beautiful journey to acclimatize for Huayna Potosi or other mountains. Enjoy amazing views of the Condoriri range, lakes, and glaciers.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Please wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. The guide or driver will ask for you in the hotel lobby.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Visa, if required
Know before you go
- No refund will be issued in the case of bad weather
- Some acclimatizing is needed before the climb; 2 to 3 days between 9,840 and 16,400 is sufficient
- A good level of physical fitness is needed, but no technical skill is required
- Acetazolamid (Diamox) can be taken before the climb; 125 mg in the morning and 125 mg in the evening is best