Take your passion for climbing to the next level at Huayna Potosi Mountain. Benefit from an experienced guide and enjoy the convenience of transfers to and from La Paz.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Sleeping bag
- Thermal clothing
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- There is no refund if the tour is canceled due to bad weather
- Good physical fitness and some acclimatizing is needed before the climb. 6 to 8 days between 3,000 m and 5,000 m is recommended, e.g. Austria Peak (5,300 m)
- You will have to perform a gear check, this can be the day before or 45 minutes before
- Equipment provided: double mountaineering boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, extra jackets, pants for the cold, thick gloves, balaclava, gaiters, helmet, headlamp if needed (batteries not included), ropes and protection for mountain climbing
- Cetazolamid (Diamox) can be taken before the climb. 125 mg in the morning and 125 mg in the evening is suggested by the local partner
- Guide ratio in the shared group option is approximately 1 guide to every 2 participants, in the private option it is 1 guide to each participant
- It is recommended by the local partner to tip the guide 15-20% at the end of the tour
- A 50-liter backpack and sleeping bag for -10°C are required.