Learn the exciting new skill of Stand Up Paddling on Lake Arenal at the base of the Arenal Volcano. See the picturesque lake from a new perspective as you discover beautiful flora and fauna, and get an excellent workout as well.
What to Expect
Experience a unique and exciting activity, Desafio Stand-Up Paddling, on this tour in beautiful Lake Arenal.
Stand-Up Paddling (SUP) has its roots in ancient Polynesia and involves standing on a wide, stable surfboard and driving yourself forward with a long paddle. You'll be amazed at how easy and fun it is!
Our day begins by the base of the imposing Arenal Volcano, at the 2nd-largest body of fresh water in Central America.
Learn the basics of this new skill, get a great workout for your core muscles, and improve your balance all while taking in beautiful lush surroundings.
Be a part of this exciting new sport and learn these great skills from the only SUP outfitter in northern Costa Rica.
Enjoy a tour of the west end of the lake while you paddle along, and get stunning views of the majestic volcano in the background before returning to your hotel.
- Paddle board equipment and paddling instructions
- Transport via van and boat
- Lots of fun
Know Before You Go
• Tours run rain or shine. In the event of poor weather conditions, we may change to a more suitable, but similar, tour. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions
• Adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy or injury. If you take medication such as allergy pills and need them with you, or have other medical concerns, please inform the guide.
• Costa Rica's natural environment is filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles and other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks and sudden flash floods are possible. We cannot be held responsible for any of the above.
• Desafio Adventure Company has a $1-million civil-responsibility insurance policy, a contract with a specialized paramedics company and our guides and drivers are trained in first aid and CPR in case of emergency. However, we highly recommend you have your own travel insurance.