Costa Rica 8-Day Volcano Jungle Beach Trip from San JoséProduct ID: 11546
From US$999 per personBook now
- Spend time in the sun on the pristine beaches of Costa Rica
- Spot the rare and colorful wildlife species in the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Go on a canyoneering adventure and hike a series of waterfalls or zip-line through the jungle
- Hike to the base of the Arenal Volcano and admire the surrounding lake
- Enjoy the option to customize your tour so that you don't miss a thing
In addition to your mini-expeditions, you will also have plenty of down time for relaxing and sightseeing. Enjoy a couple days on the beaches, where you may participate in water sports or simply hang out on the sand and relax. Whatever your ideal vacation consists of, with this personalized trip, you will be able to do and see the things that you desire.
Day 1: San José - La Fortuna
After shared pick-up from the airport, you will be driven 3 hours through the countryside and rolling hills of Costa Rice. Admire the surrounding vibrant wildlife as you make your way to your week headquarters in La Fortuna.
Day 2: La Fortuna (Meals: B, L)
On your first full day, choose from a variety of activities to participate in, including:
• Rafting the class 2-3 Río Balsa
• Rafting the class 3-4 Río Sarapiqui
• An easy-going safari float on the Peñas Blancas River
• Stand-up paddling on Lake Arenal
Afterward, explore the cozy little adventure town of La Fortuna
Day 3: La Fortuna (Meals: B, L, D)
On this day, you will spend your day canyoneering. Rappel, down-climb, and hike along a series of 6 tropical waterfalls, 2 of which are more than 200 feet (61 meters)! Then go on a volcano walk, where you will walk through the forest to the base of the Arenal Volcano and later relax in natural hot springs. You will also enjoy an all-you-can-eat natural food buffet.
Day 4: Monteverde (Meals: B)
Today you will head out to explore the cloud forests in Monteverde! You will be transported to Monteverde up into the cloud forest via the van-boat-van adventure connection transfer.
Day 5: Sámara (Meals: B)
In the morning, choose from taking a guided tour of a Cloud Forest Reserve or going on a canopy zip line tour. Then shuttle to Costa Rica’s coast and visit the beaches of Playa Carrillo or Sámara. Arrive in time to watch sunset while sipping a piña colada on the white, sandy beach.
Day 6: Sámara (Meals: B)
Absorb the sunshine and surrounding atmosphere with a day at the beach! You will have the option to choose from one of the following included tours:
• Stand-up paddling lessons
• Sea kayaking/snorkelling outing (weather permitting)
Day 7: Sámara (Meals: B)
Today is a day to relax and reflect on your vacation. You may also choose to spend this final day crossing final sights or activities off your check list.
Day 8: San José (Meals: B)
Head back to reality via shared transfer to the San José metropolitan area.
Prices starting at: $999 per person (double occupancy) - minimum 2 passengers.
- Choice of activities as stated above
- Shared transport
- 7 nights in a comfortable hotel
- 7 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- Lots of fun and adventure
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
We pick you up at San José's Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) and take you to the Epicenter of Adventure at the base of the Arenal Volcano! (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 11546