Enjoy an exciting rafting adventure on this half-day tour in Costa Rica and discover Río Balsa, a beautiful river surrounded by rainforest near the Arenal Volcano. The class 2-3 rapids are ideal for families and first-timers who want a bit of adventure.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours
- Starting time 9:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Enjoy an adventurous rafting experience for the whole family on class 2-3 rapids
- Admire the spectacular scenery near the Arenal Volcano
- Encounter the amazing wildlife in the area, including monkeys, sloths, and tropical birds
- Transport to and from your hotel
- Professional guides who love what they do
- Tropical fruit break
- Delicious home-cooked meal
- Private entrance and exit with changing rooms and bathroom towels
- Photo CD of your trip from your guide
- You can also rent or buy a GoPro camera!
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
you can meet at our office in the center of La FortunaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control (climate, etc.) we may do a more suitable tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure appeal. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies. Full refund is given if no tour is run.
- Rafting, canyoneering, and many of our other adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury. If you take medication such as allergy pills and need them with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.
- The environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable and is filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels often vary. We may not be held responsible for any of the above.
- 48-hour cancelation policy