Hike the Celeste River on the Tenorio Volcano of the Arenal Tilaran Conservation Area on a 9-hour tour from La Fortuna. See fumaroles and turquoise waterfalls, and visit the brilliant Los Teñideros, where the crystalline waters of 2 streams meet.
What to Expect
Discover one of the most amazing sights in Costa Rica on a full-day tour of the Tenorio Volcano National Park, part of the Arenal Tilaran Conservation Area, including a 3.5-hour hike to the crystalline waters of Los Teñideros in the Celeste River.
Marvel at the magnificent turquoise waters and surrounding nature of the Rio Celeste. Located on the flanks of the Tenorio Volcano, the river is unique in Costa Rica and astounds visitors with its natural beauty.
A circuit trail of 4.2 miles (7 kilometers) will take you through the forest, passing scenic spots such as Los Teñideros, where the river acquires a different color due to the chemical reactions. Visit the mud-filled fumaroles of Las Ollas (“Cooking Pots”), legendary for their healing properties.
Continue to a startling turquoise waterfall of the Rio Celeste, before heading back along the banks of the river, enjoying the bubbling water and the nature surrounding you along the way.
- Transportation by air-conditioned van
- Certified nature guide
- Chocolates and hydrating snacks
- Supportive nature material
- Entrance fee
What's Not Included
- Any additional food and drinks
Know Before You Go
• Tours cancelled up to 24 hours in advance are offered a full refund. For cancellations on the day of the tour there is no refund
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 paying adults
• This tours is recommended for those in good physical condition. The length of the hike is 3.5 hours
• Please bring hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, a swim suit, towel, raincoat, and insect repellent