Take a private tour by traditional rickshaw, to discover the neighborhood of Higashiyama. See the main sights of this historic area, and pass through the geisha district of Gion. Discover Japanese culture and history with a knowledgeable guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 45 - 190 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Japanese
- Private group
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the rickshaw stand by the Kodaiji Temple. Staff and guides will be standing on the corner of the Ichinenzaka and Nene Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Selfie sticks
Know before you go
- It is suggested that you book in advance, as there are a limited number of English-speaking guides
- Adult pricing applies to children aged 6 and over
- Up to 2 children (aged 5 and under) can ride with 2 adults (children have to sit on an adult's lap, one child per adult)
- If a child of 0-5 years will be using one of the two seats of the rickshaw, it must book as an adult (full-fare paying guest)
- Each rickshaw is 21.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, so sometimes it might be more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger
- Wheelchair and stroller-friendly
- Not recommended for expecting mothers in the first 16 weeks of pregnancy
- This tour can be customized depending on your interests