Enjoy a walking tour of Pontocho and Gion Shirakawa, 2 of Kyoto’s most charming and historical areas. Travel back in time to enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes in the rustic neighborhood. Discover tea houses, restaurants, and charming sights.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
In front of Pocchiri, a charming souvenir shop on Gion Shijo Dori. Staff will be there holding an "Arigato Japan" sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- The tour starts promptly at 4:30 PM and ends at 7:30 PM
- At least 2 people are required for the activity to take place. There will be a maximum of 10 participants on the tour
- The tour is vegetarian-friendly and is unfortunately not advisable for those following a vegan and/or gluten-free diet
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities
- You must be 21 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. A passport copy is required for children aged 10 and older.